Thank you so much to the lovely Lauren from Laurenchantment for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I love getting to know other bloggers and continue to grow this amazing fashionista community. I will work on my nominations in the future but I wanted to make sure I at least started this post as soon as I could.
1. Link the blog that nominated you.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you & come up with your own questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and link them in the post! No tag backs!
5. Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated.
ELEVEN [NOT SO] FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I often joke that I was born without the fun gene. The things I find fun and fascinating tend to be mind-numbingly boring to most.
2. I am obsessed with watching the sunset. If I could watch the sunset every night I would. Preferably by the water. It is the place I feel the most at ease.
3. I have a ton of hobbies. I love writing, reading, graphic design, and collecting fonts. (Please don’t tell anyone that.)
4. I have been told I am an old-soul since I was young and I have a very dry sense of humor.
5. I am an introvert. I love the quiet and I am always, always thinking. I have only a few close friends and I like it that way.
6. Taylor Swift is my hero. People often tell me it seems like we were supposed to be sisters. (I’ve heard this multiple times from various people)
7. I am accident prone and hurt myself easily.
8. I am a fitness instructor and love reading about health and wellness.
9. I am an elementary school teacher.
10. I write poetry. I once did a project called Poetic 365 where I wrote a poem a day for a year. My very first blog was centered around that poetry and even though I’m amidst a bit of a writer’s block at the moment, I still try to write whenever I can.
11. If this blog could get any award, other than the Liebster award, I would hope to get the “Best Written Content” Bloglovin award because I pride myself on being well-written. I love choosing the quotes for each post and trying to tell a story around the fashion of the blog. Someone once told me that reading my blog is like reading a good book. That is the highest compliment I could have gotten.
ELEVEN QUESTIONS | ANSWERED
1. What is your favorite clothing store?
It is so hard for me to pick just one store. I love J Crew Factory because I feel like you can get quality items at decent prices.
2. What would an ideal day be like for you?
An ideal day for me involves anything from great conversation to shopping and getting an amazing lunch outside somewhere. And coffee… coffee makes any day better.
3. Who is your style inspiration?
I love classic, iconic dressers like Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn and Reese Witherspoon. If I had to pick a blogger I would pick Julie Engel from Gal Meets Glam.
4. What is something on your bucket list?
I don’t actually have a bucket list, but I definitely would like to travel more over the next few years.
5. What is your dream job?
I actually am not sure what my dream job would be. I do love teaching and I find it very rewarding but it is also incredibly time-consuming. I have so many hobbies I love, and sometimes teaching doesn’t allow for that. I love blogging and graphic design so maybe something involving that.
6. What is one quote that you live by?
I love quotes. There are a million quotes that I can say affect me on a regular basis, but one of my favorites is “Faith and fear cannot exist at the same time.”
7. If you had to choose only one social media which would you pick?
I would probably choose Tumblr. I love Instagram but sometimes I have something to say and no picture to go with it. Since I love writing so much, Tumblr makes the most sense.
8. If you had to dye your hair a color of the rainbow which color would you choose?
I am guessing since it has to be color of the rainbow I can’t choose a normal color, so I would say pink. Lauren Conrad did an amazing pale pink hue once and I thought it was lovely.
9. What is your favorite season?
It’s definitely a tie between Fall and Summer. I love both for such different reasons, the smells, the way the colors in the sky look. The world is the most beautiful in those seasons to me. I also think those seasons tend to give the most amazing sunsets.
10. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
My blog name is meant to be a mix of my depth and my love of fashion. Sunsets come from feeling most at peace and doing my best writing under gorgeous sunsets. I also feel closest to my angel mom near the water as the sun goes down. Stilettos is my love of all things feminine and beautiful.
11. What is your spirit animal?
I had to Google what a spirit animal is, and I even considered taking a quiz to figure out what mine would be. The jury is still out…
Thank you so much for the nomination and I nominate my friend Elizabeth from Book of Leisure! She can answer the same questions that I did, which breaks a rule but I’m living on the edge!